Third Mainland Bridge to be totally shut down this weekend

The Federal Government has announced the completion of the first phase rehabilitation of the Third Mainland Bridge.

There will also be an 18-hour total closure of the bridge this weekend.

The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Olukayode Popoola, during an inspection of the bridge noted that the fixing of six expansion joints on the Oworonshoki-bound carriageway had been completed.

Popoola said the closure was necessary, so that debris would be cleared from the section and construction would move to the Island-bound carriageway.

The 18-hour closure would begin from midnight on Saturday through Sunday. By midnight of Sunday, the total closure would be removed and the partial closure would return.

“The diversions will still be at the same previous points.

“Work is to commence on the Island-bound lane of the bridge with the partial closure of Adekunle to Adeniji Adele Phase B.

“The repair work is to commence between 22nd of November, 2020 and 22nd of February, 2021 for a duration of three months,” he said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*